Readings (pdf) and digital images (jpg) may be supplied for this course. These files are available for downloading to student computers via FTP (file transport protocol). Instructions below apply to students working in the ESU Geospatial Analysis Laboratory.
|FTP of Reading and|
Image Files for ES 546
FileZilla is recommended. Download the free FileZilla client software appropriate for your computer operating system. Other software that supports SFTP may be utilized, although students may have to modify these procedures slightly to accommodate their own computer systems.
- Open the FileZilla site manager (left button on tool bar) and create a new site as indicated below.
- On the general tab, for host address enter: quagmire.emporia.edu
- Under protocol select: SFTP - SSH. Leave the port box blank. For logon type select normal.
- For user ID enter: esuad\your_ESU_user_ID (esuad\ followed by student user ID). Note: back slash!
- Password enter your normal Buzz-In student password. Now click on the advanced tab.
- For the default local directory enter the location of your student folder, for example: C:\student\geomorph\airphotos
- For the default remote directory enter: /var/www/academic/aberjame/datasets/geomorph
- Note: Landscapes of the central Great Plains is in a separate remote directory: /var/www/academic/aberjame/datasets/great_plains
- Click the connect button and wait for the SFTP connection to be established.
- Select files to copy from the remote host to the local computer; click-and-drag to transfer files. Students have read-only access to download files.
Return to ES 546 homepage.
ES 546 © J.S. Aber (2015).