||Watershed success stories|
J.S. Aber and F. Pavri
For this exercise, open Watershed success stories, a large pdf file obtained from the EPA. This document provides environmental information on variety of watershed management plans and projects underway across the United States. For this exercise, select one watershed success story (from the table of contents), and write an abstract on the status of this watershed.
After you have selected a particular watershed, read through the information. For instance, familiarize yourself with its location, the issues being tackled, public and private partners involved in the project, current status of the project, etc.
- Note: the quality of this pdf document is rather poor, but the text is clear and concise.
An abstract is a condensed summary of the main points from the article. In your abstract about this watershed go through the information provided by the EPA and review:
The abstract should be one paragraph (250 words maximum) in length. Submit your abstract via email in text (txt) or rich-text format (rtf).
- Major issues this watershed faces.
- Management strategies identified by the EPA.
- Co-ordination and implementation of a management plan.
- Why you think this management plan has been successful or not in resolving the problems first identified.
Return to wetlands syllabus.
EB/ES/GE 341 © by J.S. Aber (2016).