Thanks for visiting
the World of Amber!
This page is designed to increase your knowledge of amber! Take the entire
quiz and check yourself by the answers given after question fourteen.
OR Answer only the questions you are interested in and click on the
highlighted word in any particular statement for more information.
- T or F: Amber is the fossilized resin from ancient forests.
- T or F: Jelinite is a common fossil resin.
- T or F: Amber is a mineral.
- T or F: The composition, color, and other physical properties of amber
vary according to age, conditions of
burial, and type of tree that produced the resin.
- T or F: Amber could be found in the state of
Kansas, other than jewelry stores!
- T or F: Modern insects are likely remains found
- T or F: People used to fish for amber.
- T or F: Plastic imitations of amber can be
distinguished from natural amber.
- T or F: Amber's main use today is in the stem
of tobacco pipes.
- T or F: Amber can contain dinosaur DNA, which is
extracted from the mosquito included in the amber.
- T or F: One should put amber jewelry on first
and not be concerned if it is coated with hairspray and perfume.
- T or F: Fatty amber is the green variety of
- T or F: Copal is not the fossilized, hardened resin that is known as amber, but rather an immature recent resin.
- T or F: The Lithuanian Amber Museum , located in Palanga, is devoted to
all aspects of amber and houses over 25,000 specimens.
How did you do? Click on any question or answer for more information.
Return to Amber
copyright 1996-2004 © Susan Ward Aber All rights reserved.