Greg's Top 12 GB 100 Student Complaints and What I Really Hear Them Say!
"What Students Say" / What I Hear:
1. "I'm not a good test taker."
I don't know how to study properly for a college test.
2. "I'm not good at science."
I haven't trained my mind to think critically and I don't know how to study.
3. "There's too much material to study for one test."
I have low expectations for how much work a college course takes.
4. "I need to have more tests over less material."
I'm not a good studier - I want this to be just like high school.
5. "I knew all of the material really well, but I still failed the test."
I could read the notes but I didn't really know the material.
6. "The questions on the test weren't what I studied, but I knew everything else."
I do not know how to tell what is important from lecture. - HINT: EVERYTHING
7. "I need homework and quizzes to help my poor test grades."
I don't know how to properly study for a college test.
8. "Why can't I get extra credit?"
I don't know how to study for a test, therefore, you should give me free points to make up for the fact that I waited to the last minute to study.
9. "I studied my ass off for this test! - I over-studied for this test."
I do not know how to study properly - HINT: You can NOT over-study for a test!!!
10. "None of the questions on the test were like the material you gave in class."
I haven't trained my mind to think critically or to study properly.
11. "I want to see more videos and movies."
I don't know how to properly take notes in class.
12. "We always do the same thing in class, can't we do something else?"
This is a lecture driven course - Welcome to college !