Questions for Mitosis
1. Duplication of DNA occurs during the ___________ phase.
2. Which of these is NOT a phase of mitosis?
3. If you are told that a cell is 2n, that means it __________________.
a. has 2 nuclei
b. has 2 copies of each chromosome
c. is in the process of dividing
d. is an egg or sperm cell
4. Select the correct order of mitosis.
a. prophase - anaphase - metaphase - telophase
b. anaphase - prophase - metaphase - telophase
c. prophase - metaphase - anaphase - telophase
d. metaphase - anaphase - telophase - prophase
5. Chromatin coils up and the nucleus disappears during ____________.
6. Draw the stages of mitosis and tell what is happening in each.